It’s now almost two months since Nicky and I launched our new business venture, Mental Capacity Ltd, offering training and support for professionals working in the field of mental capacity.
It certainly been an interesting few months that’s for sure. In the last two months we’ve managed to:
- Establish our website www.mental-capacity.co.uk complete with search tools and SEO optimisations
- Register business profiles with Google, Bing and Yell
- Build up a bank of blogs and other resources to raise our profile and establish our expertise in areas relating to DoLS, Liberty Protection Safeguards, Mental Capacity Assessments, Gillick Competency and more
- Build a contact database of >500 potential customers
- Start a direct mail campaign, with the first batch going out to 100 care homes in the north west (and more to come!)
- Attend LPS training events in Birmingham and Manchester and deliver talks as one of the main speakers
And this is only just the start!
We’re now just starting to build up leads and our focus now is on converting leads into business. Meanwhile, we will continue writing blogs and taking steps to build up our professional profile. This includes online social networking as well as real ‘in person’ networking at related events.
To have a look at what we’ve been up to, do take a look at our website and associated blogs. It’s been a lot of hard work – and all while we have both been working full time jobs with additional consultancy work as well. Do be sure to check us out on LinkedIn. We’d also be super grateful if you could leave a positive review for us on Google, Bing and/or Yell as this makes a big difference to our online visibility.